Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Feb US Trip - Part 2

Previously: At 5.30, my dad, mom, and I had a dinner in this Chinese Restaurant called Panda, minus his friends. It's a bit further than Disneyland so you have to walk less than a mile to get to this restaurant. This Panda restaurant was verrrryyyy quiet and it was located in a row of quiet restaurants as well. So it seemed that my family was the only ones to eat there. But whatever.
Then we went home to the hotel and slept at 6.00 pm!! Wow, too early?
------

Friday, February 20, 2009
DISNEYLAND DAY!!! So as planned last night? Forgot to mention: when my family went
home to the hotel, we met my dad's friends who apparently planned to go to Disneyland the next day. So we couldn't surely shake our heads at that.

We woke up in the morning, around 6 and had breakfast in this small restaurant. It's not a luxury restaurant this hotel has anyway. It doesn't even have a name but still it got some tasty food. I ate two cold, boiled eggs, a sandwich, and sipped hot chocolate. Seriously, when I sipped hot chocolate, this kinda reminds me about school, since I loved buying hot chocolate in the first break time.

Anyway, after the breakfast, we got ready and went to the receptionist to ask the route to get to the entrance of Disneyland. She said that we needed to cross the crossroad to go to this hotel called PARADISE PIER (it's a nice, 5 star hotel with some Little Mermaid-ish theme, yet with "nice" rate as well, hehe). Across this hotel is another nice hotel called The Grand Californian, to which the receptionist said we needed to go through the lobby and there was a connecting door to Disney Downtown (it's like a row of shops in which Disneyland entrance is located at the end of it). It's 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
In front of Paradise Pier (I feel weird here. Don't I look like a twelve year-old?)
In front of the travel lodge where we stayed
Disney Downtown

Also, my dad's friend's wife suggested that the next day we could take a stroll in LA and Hollywood. So my mom booked for Hollywood trip tomorrow for three people, minus the guys since they had some meetings to catch up on. While my mom was booking, I had my time to log on to my Facebook where one of my friends greeted me and asked "You haven't slept yet? It's late." and I told her that I was in America and it was morning there. She was like wow. I know, somehow I felt guilty for leaving school and trading it with vacation. La!
My mom decided to buy two days pass tickets for her and me, because we would most likely spend another day there. But my dad and his friends - due to their meetings - couldn't come to Disneyland another day.

We entered some rides such as:
  • Jungle Cruise (the first ride)
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Carribbean
  • Finding Nemo
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Alice in Wonderland Autopia
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Snow White's Scary Adventure
Morning snack in an ice cream parlor
Attraction on the Main Street USA

Getting off the jungle cruise

Quotes by Disney??
Entering Disneyland

Anyway, we took a walk down the Main Street of USA and stopped to see an ensemble of unique dressed people playing instruments and singing familiar Disney songs. Then we warmed up before entering some rides by stopping in an ice cream parlor to have morning snacks.

Tomorrow's gonna be exciting.By the afternoon, we paused our activities for lunch and while having lunch, we happened to see a Star Wars Show for kids. It's like a Jedi Padawan training, where kids were chosen to come to the stage and were given some tips how to be a Padawan. A bit strange though, since it's a Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox production, not Disney. Anyway still it's funny to watch. lol

We went home in the evening, dinner in a diner called Coco's (right in the parking lot of the travellodge) and happened to meet a nice waitress named Maria, then after going back to the hotel, I slept while watching HBO. I remembered it was...One Missed Call? The movie? While sleeping, I was a bit nervous about tomorrow. Hollywood. As in one of the places I was dying to go to. And the next day it would come to reality. Wow.

TO BE CONTINUED.

No comments:

Post a Comment