Sunday, February 5, 2012

Some Digital Artworks

It's been a while since I haven't posted my recent designs on my blog. I'm considering to put these in my uni application portfolio. As you might have recalled, I once specialized in signature, banner, and avatar designs before I finally got to explore broader aspects in designing. So here are the results as of now. FYI, I taught myself Photoshop techniques and effects through video tutorials and I'll keep doing that to improve my skills!

Feedbacks are strongly encouraged!


Title: Sans Titre: A Wine Company
Type: Logo
Description:
I made this in response of my friend's request. She was making a fictional winery business for her business class project.



Title: Little Obama Screening Invitation
Type: Invitation
Description:
Indonesian Student Organization held a movie screening event to promote Indonesia to American society as well as International Student.




Title: Turning 25-Cho Kyuhyun
Type: Signature

Description:
I was kind of bored on February 4, a day after my Super Junior bias' birthday (it's no other than Cho Kyuhyun, the evil magnae). So I came up with the idea to make a tribute to him. I gotta say I love the lines in the background of the text!



Title: Happy Dragon is Happy (Happy Lunar New Year)
Type: Illustration
Description:
I haven't done coloring on Photoshop for two years. Last time, I took a coloring class in Machiko Manga School and how surprising that I still remembered how to apply the techniques they taught me.




Title: A Tribute to Alicia Keys
Type: Typography
Description:
Finally, a typography work! I have always wanted to make a typography but I never quite found out how. After seeing a video tutorial about a typography technique, I went on to make a piece, and this Alicia Keys was the result! Why Alicia Keys? Well, I just got back from New York when I made the piece, and New York somehow reminds me of her ;)




Title: A Tribute to Paul Klee
Type: Typography
Description:
Paul Klee was renowned for his painting and the colors just inspired me to make a typography piece dedicated to him (Well, typography isn't his kind of artwork but still...)



Title: When Life Gives you Melon...
Type: Typography Poster
Description:
It's a veryyyy simple typography work I did shortly after I finished the "Small Inspiration" one. I actually had fun experimenting on different types of typography and this "Lemon" piece is the result. Anyway, I didn't make the vector on my own. I found it on sweetclipart.com.


Title: A Small Inspiration can light up the Whole World
Type: Poster
Description:
It might look simple, but I'm trying to emphasize the lightbulb. Through this poster, I'd like to emphasize the message of the quote and relate it to the whole design.



Title: ISV Cover#1
Type: Slide Cover
Description:
My past covers were less creative because they normally took form of collages and blended images. So I was thinking to come up with something more creative. Later on, I decided to mess up around creating shapes with pen tool until they formed what now looked like little humans. The hands were purposely gestured to resemble the letter V for "Volunteer"



Title: ISV Cover#2
Type: Slide Cover
Description: My past covers were less creative because they normally took form of collages and blended images. So I was thinking to come up with something more creative. Later on, I decided to mess up around creating shapes with pen tool until they formed what now looked like little humans. The hands were purposely gestured to resemble the letter V for "Volunteer"


Title: Closing the Quarter
Type: Signature
Description: In celebrating the end of Winter Quarter, ISV took a trip to Global Winter Wonderland at Great America. The signature was to be displayed on the FB event page.



Title: Ice Breaker
Type: Illustration Slide
Description:
Okay, this one might not be that great or anything, but I just found it funny somehow. I created it within fifteen minutes (a short period of time to make a design). This utterly simple piece was to be placed as a slide in ISV meeting presentations. So when the slide in the presentation turns to this "Ice breaker" one, then everyone knows that it's time for games.



Title: ISV Flyer
Type: Flyer
Description:
This is a flyer I created to promote ISV in the club day. I didn't know what I had in mind when I made this. Probably I was possessed with the "Circle Syndrome" by the time I made it. There are just too many of them there!

BONUS!


Title: Dreams and Fantasies
Type: Self-Portrait
Description:
My second self-portrait! I made this in response of UCLA's portfolio requirement. I actually had a great time making it, although self-portrait is not really my specialization. Anyway, the stuff floating over me represents my favorites which are: music, dance, books, fun (depicted through carousel), art, books, and obviously Disneyland on the very top.

(My scanner kinda sucks. No matter how many times I tried to scan it to the computerthe entire frame, it kept getting slightly cropped on the edge).

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Your works are totally awesome! Love the Wine, Alicia, Paul Klee, Lemon, Bulb, first and second ISV, and closing the quarter!

    Keep up your good work :D

    Btw you wrote 'When Life gives you MELON'!!

    ReplyDelete