Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Feb US Trip - Part 1

OK, I have nothing to do at home now, except waiting within twelve hours for the judgment day tomorrow (as in report card day, arrgh). I just collected my US photos and vids from my camera and I was thinking hey, why don't I share with all of you guys?

Actually there are bunch of images, since I love taking pictures and videos, but I could only upload a few here. I'll upload the rest next time.

P.S: Sorry for the low quality of the pics
-------

Thursday, February 19, 2009

So, I woke up in the morning at 5, like I was going to school only earlier, and suddenly realized that hey, I wouldn't go to school that day. I was going to someplace else, a place far away from this messy city. At 6.14, my dad, mom, and I took off and went to my aunt's house to drop some offer my uncle a ride to the airport (apparently he was about to go to the airport as well), but he already got a taxi so we took off. Actually you can say that it's a vacation for me and for my mom, but not for my dad, since he was going to America for a business trip but he brought me and mom along. As for me, I took days off from school. So when we arrived at the airport, we met two of my dad's friends and one of them had his wife with him.

So after taking care of the fiscal, checking in, and so on, we entered the gate and took off with Cathay Pacific at 9.00 am. The plane had a freaking TV in each seats!! No kidding, I was surprised to know we could actually watch TV in an airplane. Though since it's a short flight from Jakarta to HK, we couldn't pick movies but we actually could change channels which broadcast different movies.

I watched:
- The Duchess
- HSM 3
- City of Ember
- Bangkok Dangerous.

See? And they're also awesome movies as well. Anyway, we arrived in HK at 3.00 pm after 6 hours of flight, and at 3.30 we had late lunch with a bowl of meatball noodle. HK airport is well known for its elegance and enormous size. So I was quite fascinated to see how huuugggeee the airport really was.


You can see what I mean below.



OK, so the left picture is the travel group consisting my dad's friends. And the right, well you already know what it is. The food court was located at one corner of the airport building, which is faaaarrr from the gate. So to get to the gate, we must walk along the long hall. It was quite exhausting, I'm telling you.

The plane took off at 4.30 and to be honest the plane was more convinient with more awesome features. This time, we were able to pick the movies and it got big collection of movies. So I watched:
- Wild Child
- How to Lose Friends and Alienate People
- Ghost Town (I watched this by the midnight, so I had to turn it off when I felt sleepy and when I woke up, I turned it on again to continue the movie. I did that for three times)
- The Aristocats
- SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- The Simpsons Movie

At 4.30 pm local time, the plane landed in LAX. There was something interesting prior to the landing. When I looked out of the window, everything outside was white, referring to the buildings duh. Usually in Jakarta before the plane lands, you can see everything's green (the fields) and the houses' red bricks. But in LA, the buildings are just pure white with neat structure of roads (mostly squares divided into blocks, unlike Jakarta, which are well, messy).

We went straight to the hotel in Anaheim (called Best Western: Stovall's Inn, it's like a travellodge not exactly a hotel) with Supershuttle. It's like a taxi service but it can carry up to eight people, not to mention it's a minivan.

Anaheim is quite well known with its famous Disneyland. Actually it's a small city, you can say it's like Jakarta's "Depok". Anaheim is actually quite a quiet city, but thanks to Disneyland, this place has lots of visitor and has been a tourism site. So no wonder that you will notice a few hotels but lots of travellodge.

To my surprise, Stovall's Inn is located right across Disneyland's entrance!!! So from the hotel lobby, you can already see some high and big rides such as roller coaster and drop rides! Seeing this made me quite impatient to go to this theme park, but since it was already late afternoon, surely we couldn't go there. My dad and his friends were planning to go to Disneyland the next day, while since we just arrived, we would spend the rest of the night having dinner. Not to mention, I took some brochures to see fun activities and places to visit for the next four days.

In fact in the hotel lobby, there was an automatic ticketing machine for Disneyland's admission with a golden Mickey statue standing on top of it. Wow. -->

At 5.30, my dad, mom, and I had a dinner in this Chinese Restaurant called Panda, minus his friends. It's a bit further than Disneyland so you have to walk less than a mile to get to this restaurant. This Panda restaurant was verrrryyyy quiet and it was located in a row of quiet restaurants as well. So it seemed that my family was the only ones to eat there. But whatever. So here's a tips: if you go to America and suddenly you feel like you want to eat rice, then I recommend this place.

Then we went home to the hotel and slept at 6.00 pm!! Wow, too early?

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment