Friday, January 11, 2013

Transit is boring

Yeah, especially when you're not feeling hungry and you just don't feel like doing anything.
Taipei's airport wifi is super crappy!
Anyway, I feel so lame for not posting a lot in Indonesia. I got super occupied in Indonesia (not really), but yeah I got plans and outings, and basically on my second week of break, I took off to Medan for about a week for New Year. If the time allows, I'd really love to write the story. I need a non-art life to keep the balance of my art life. Art is good, which is why I love doing it so much and choose it as a field of study! But too much art can be a bit boring.
I felt super unproductive in everything else except the field that I'm currently pursuing, graphic design, on my previous semester (no music, no writing, no dancing... I dedicated most of my time for art, and other than that, my spent body just decided to chill by watching movies). So hopefully, my next semester's workload allows me to spend some time in writing, and hopefully, freelance writing. Yeah, I was actually recruited to become weekly blogger for a notable online graphic design website, but due to previous semester's workload, it didn't last long.


Yes it was a paid job, and probably the only job I can accept for now, since US is quite strict about jobs for international students. I've met a couple of my friends studying in Australia, and maaaan, I'm so jealous for them. They got to work part time, outside of school, and they got paid a good deal. Even one of my friends could afford up to a thousand dollar in a month and pay for his own needs! 
So, for art students, it's either you get to earn money for a part-time job and screw your academic, or you can nail your academic life and earn no money. Sad eh? it's gonna be good if you can do both things.
Well, seems like I'm blabbering a lot. I was also not really productive on my break, in terms of developing my design skills. I was surprised to see my friends - well, a couple of them - posted their holiday projects just to keep up and develop their skills. Meanwhile, I rarely sketched, but one time, I was requested to create an invitation for my cousin's wedding. I really did put a lot of time in it since it's the only art project on my break. In the end, the result was well...not disappointing. My aunt and cousin loves it. Got paid for that ;) Yay!
Once I'm back in the US and get everything settled, I'll post about my condition and hopefully, North Sumatra trip stories! Hang in there.
11 more hours to go. I just want to crash on my bed. So not looking forward to going to schools. So not ready for deadlines, but then again, my friend once said: "Just do that sh*t and have fun with it!" Okay, I'm gonna take that advice and have some fun with whatever project I'm going to have and take it with NO PRESSURE.
Catch up with you guys later :D

No comments:

Post a Comment