Sunday, August 12, 2012

...and the Five Glorious Rings Begin to Fade

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the lack of posting these days. It seems my time has been mostly occupied with internship works. What I thought was going to be so-so assignments, eventually reaches as far as doing a research. Well, it's been fun so far anyway.

Anyway, I promise this post is going to be quick, and I'm writing this as fast as possible before my memory of the referred event starts vanishing.

So last night, I had the most vivid dream I've ever had for the past few weeks since my arrival in Indonesia. I had no idea how I could have a dream as vivid or as amazing as that. However, a dream is a dream. No matter how vivid it can be, they are composed of bits of scenes that have no connection between one another. So, what I'm trying to do here is, I'll try to make a connection between one scene and the other.




PART 1:
A NIGHT IN THE TEMPLE
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It almost looks like this
http://travellingbazaar.com
Well, I don't know how it all began, but I happened to be holding some sort of a small object in my hand. I can't recall its shape or what it looks like, but I strongly believe it's an important thing. I was traveling all the way with that thing on my hand, can barely recall what or where I passed. However, my journey halted in a medium-sized temple that looks like its materials are made out of gold! Beyond the temple gate, lies a wide, rectangular yard with a shallow pond in the middle (since the pond's bottom was constructed out of small glittering tiles, I'd rather call it a pool). The pathways were located at each side of the pool, and I vaguely remember that there were a small fountain in the center of the pool.

The temple complex was extremely quiet, with barely no sound, just a chorus of cicadas and the rippling water from the fountain (yes, that vivid). The only things that lit up the temple complex were a couple of flame torches and the golden material of the temple itself. The temple's interior and exterior strongly resembles that of Mayan, but somehow I was convinced that it was a Greek temple, belonging to some Greek god or goddess. This is where the non-sense starts.

Anyway, I felt like I needed to go to the inner part of the temple, past the yard where the pool was, to return the item I was holding on. Quickly, I stepped my foot into the, surprisingly, not-so-huge temple hall. The interior is very much modern-ish, unlike its exterior look. The short staircase led me to a long carpeted hallway where a safety vault awaited at the end. Without any reluctance feeling, I walked ahead to the end of the hallway and reached out to start opening the safe. The circular safety vault looked very secure as it was attached to the wall, despite the room having no various typical booby traps that would get in the passers way.

Strangely enough, I managed to unlock the vault without any difficulty. As soon as I did that, I placed the item safely on a velvet pad inside the vault. When I placed that thing on it, that was when I caught the first quick glimpse of what I had been holding - a grayish stone with rough surface in a quite bit-up shape.

Hmm, meteorite much?

http://flickr.com
Soon after, I had an inner calling that told me that I needed to leave as soon as possible. My heart began to pound as I paced out of the temple. On the way out, I passed a beautiful woman (I have no idea what she was wearing, but she was absolutely elegant and I only noticed the face. You'll be even more surprised about what I know from the lady's face). She freaking has a Natalie Portman face! But I was assured that she was not Natalie Portman the actress. Deep down, I began to think that she was the owner of the temple.

As mentioned before, the owner of this fancy but not-so-grand temple was supposed to be either a god or a goddess. Then the lady I bumped into, was supposed to be a goddess! Somehow, out of nowhere, my dream self told me: She's Artemis! As in the Greek goddess of hunt, the protector of the forest! As in Apollo's twin sister!

Wow, this is big. But my dream self was somehow not surprised nor stunned with the fact. I passed her by like she was another visitor (really, if my dream self's logic worked, she would've at least bowed to the goddess to pay some respect). However, we only exchanged gazes. She threw me that typical Natalie Portman's bold stare and I threw mine back at her. We didn't even smile. We did realize about each other's presence but it was like something that wasn't important.

Anyway, I kept pacing out of the temple, speeding up my steps. When I reached the yard, I realized two or three people had been there, on the way to the temple. They seemed to be the visitors of the temple that went there to make an offering or pray to the goddess. Since I didn't want to be caught "disrespectful" for exiting the temple without throwing some coins into the pool as a tribute to the goddess, I stopped by the side of the pool and threw two coins into two different sides of the pool.

I feel a visitor's eye stuck on me, thinking if I should throw more coins and two coins weren't enough. So I did.

Well, change of scenes...

PART 2:
EUROPE, OLYMPIC, AND SMTOWN
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The setting of the next scene was kind of vague. Basically, there was my dad and he said something that goes like this, again, kind of.
Dad: "We're going to travel around Europe!"
Me: "Really? I thought you should be working on weekdays, and I have internship too."
Dad: "Don't mind about that. This would be once of a lifetime experience, so when else can you do that?"
The breakdown of the places we were going to visit include London, Paris, Berlin... *insert more European cities here*. So we took off. As for me, I couldn't especially bear the overwhelming feeling that I could go to London during the Olympics, because that gave me chances to go see some Olympic games, get some Olympic merchandises, and probably take pictures with the Olympians. Well, there are lots of thing flooding my mind at that moment. I'm just really ecstatic about everything.

Anyway, on the way to London, we transited somewhere in the Middle East? Where the airport building resembled churches and I was worried that since we didn't have a visa to that certain Middle East country, we wouldn't be allowed to step a foot even at its airport. But then an airport official dressing up in an outfit that resembled a nun (????) told us that it was okay to transit without a visa. However, stepping out of the airport's doors without one wouldn't be allowed.

The next thing we knew, my dad and I arrived in London! Yay! First thing we did when we got there is, something that was totally unrelated to Olympics as expected: we went shopping in the department stores! I remember I was strolling along the aisles of shoes. Along the way, I stumbled my foot with someone else's who was sitting. He quickly came to my aid, helping me up as I said sorry.

He just chuckled and said, in such a mesmerizing British accent. "No problem, you don't have to say sorry." Apparently that guy already had a girlfriend and three of us ended up talking to each other. My dad came along to keep up with the conversation.

When we exited the department store (I don't remember if I did end up buying a pair of shoes), my dad told me that we were supposed to be moving to Paris the next day, and even more exciting...

He told me that there was an SMTown concert in Russia. He already bought the tickets for me and we were actually en route from West Europe, across the Middle Europe, all the way to Russia in the East.

HOLY CRAP!

My dad set this trip up as a surprise! Because in the very last destination, something that I had always been waiting for, was finally there for me to see! So we were going to have a vacation first in London, Paris, Berlin, etc before reaching Russia for SMTown Concert!

www.facebook.com/smtown.russia

So I told my dad that I couldn't wait for SMTown, especially I couldn't wait for Paris the next day. After all, cities like London, Paris, Berlin, and Milan are ones that I've been looking forward to go to. I couldn't imagine myself finally getting to interact with the locals with French and German. Before my dad and I went home to wherever we stayed in London to preserve our energy for the next day, which should be exciting...







I WOKE UP.






DARN IT REALITY
DARN IT
DARN IT
DARN IT




Just a day left in my dream and I could go to one of my dream cities.








Shoot, the feeling was almost real that when I woke up, I didn't want to believe it was a DREAM. It was so real that I even needed to stay there on the bed for a minute or two to really, really absorb the pain that it was all a freaking dream.

Huff, back to reality, where I'm moving my lazy butt to go to my internship place. But I believe, somewhere out there, my alternate-self is probably checking out Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps in an Olympic swimming round, struggling to take a picture of Usain Bolt, or be in a helicopter with Her Majesty the Queen, or blending in the crowd in SMTown Concert in Russia, or even better...

...meeting Super Junior face to face

How ironic that even my dream wouldn't allow me to pursue my dreams that are still...unreachable in reality.

Anyway, if you guys are good enough with dream analysis, care to interpret what these all mean?


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a 'journey'. Anyway, I can't just hang around at your place without u, right? Who am I to use ur property??

    Part 1: Not sure why u dreamt it... Dd u read greek myth the other night? Dd u borrow something that meant to be returned? Hmmm... It's difficult to interpret. Nevertheless, it might mean something important you've been carrying around without realizing what it is. U might forget how others worship that (in a way) or how lucky u are with it. Dunno...

    Part 2: Definitely, definitely because of Olympics. U got reality mix with dream in that part. Must be because of utube, haha... Moreover, your dream to go to Europe AND SM Town. British? Either the hunchback or just because u want to meet one :P Paris? Obviously your dream again. And Russia? Hmm, not really sure. But this one is what I call desire dream. Not necessarily something I'm interested in interpreting. Haha...

    ReplyDelete