Friday, August 21, 2009

The Students, The School, and the Saturday Classes

I don't understand these people --> the principal (Her Majesty) and her freaking vice principal (Her Royal Highness).

Last week, the students of my school had four days off because the teachers went to Singapore and Malaysia for some kind of a field trip, and since we had four days off, we were given bunch of assignments and tasks in order to replace the school activity. Just for a note, when I said bunch, I really meant, A LOT OF HOMEWORKS. Although there are lots of them, I agree that we should be given these homeworks, so that we can also study at home, and I guess it's kind of fair too.

But then, one fine day, we all received this stupid letter, saying...

'Students must attend school on Saturday for four times (means four Saturday every week) to replace the school activity last week.'
Aaahh....where's the justice? I mean, where are those two women's common senses? Well, the assignments were given for a purpose - which is to replace the school activity while the teachers were away - but then if bunch assignments were already given, done, and turned in, why else should they force students to come on Saturday to replace the school activity, while it's already replaced by the freaking bunch of homeworks? I felt like the assignments I'd already done during the holiday were useless, because I felt like I did it for nothing and in the end, we should come on Saturdays.

Besides, I guess the teachers' field trip has been planned even since before the term began, so the teachers should also plan about making up target of lessons to teach to students before they left.

What's more, don't these two women even realize that students already have appointments, courses, classes, events, or occassions on Saturday? It's not easy to just cancel the appointments and courses for school purpose. Oh, or maybe the women thought:

'Students must come to Saturday in any way. I don't care if they have freaking courses. School is their first priority over other stuffs like courses or blahblah. They HAVE TO attend school and cancel all their plans, appointments, and courses for it' --> it's like saying 'School always comes first'
Okay, I get it. I know school always comes first, but don't they think that students already have plans on Saturday? Now, I was wondering if they were in our positions. I guess they would find it hard too.

That's from the point of view of students, now from the teachers.

I'm 100% positive teachers disagree with this decision too. They do come to school regularly every Saturday to have English course or just some random sport activities. But are they in the mood of teaching on Saturday? I mean, come on, the teachers need some rest too. Forget about schools who have Saturday classes.

Finally, yesterday, all students from all grades came up with a decision that we decided not to attend Saturday classes, for good. Being an absent on Saturday may be reasonable for those who really have appointments, plans, and courses. But what if students who are free on Saturday attend Saturday classes but only to find there are only a few of them who are present? And then the teacher comes in and they're like

'WTF, where's everybody? Oh geez, if there are only a few people present, I shouldn't have come to this class and stayed in the teachers office instead. I'm so not in teaching mood. Or maybe I should give them an assignment to do and better explain about the new unit next week (on weekdays)?'

That way, the school activity on Saturday became ineffective and hours passed at school uselessly. The teachers are not in mood to teach and the students don't really feel like studying either.

The point is, the teachers are on our side. Although I consider them to be more in a neutral side.

THE TEAMS

School vs Students

Teachers (Neutral)

Even when I was about to turn in my thesis registration form (and got rejected, huhu), this nice teacher said. 'Bring the form back to me on Saturday, ONLY if you came.' and then she kind of smiled, which convinced me she already knew about this idea.

Trust me, I've experienced this too, before. That was when I was the only one who attended class when the school was flooded and I felt like I really wanted to go home instead. The teacher also felt not like teaching either.

OK, back to the secret plan of all grades, we all decided not to come on Saturday. Apparently a lot of parents give support this action because they disagree too. Too bad that the secret meeting was discovered by 'The Punisher' (a nickname I give to the most feared teacher at school because of her habit of 'punishing' students. She's some kind like a rules freak). When she popped out everyone in that place was all surprised. We were all like 'We're so dead'. But it didn't turn out that way. The Punisher didn't blabber. I thought she'd be furious and say. 'How dare you're all against the school! Blahblahblah...'

Instead she let us all go back to our classrooms and had a talk with the Student Council members (who suggested this idea in the first place).

When I was at class, my friends began to worry about one of our classmates (a Student Council member). We were afraid that she would be threatened to be dropped out if the secret plan really worked. One of my friends even said.
'If she was to be dropped out, then we should drop out too. This way, the school would soon lose its students and the next thing that'd happen, the school would
be closed.'
Alright, maybe not that harsh.

But instead my friend came up and told us a good news that The Punisher (strangely enough, because usually, she'd be on Her Majesty's and Her Royal Highness' side) understood about our mission and plan and gave us a go, because apparently she also disagreed about attending Saturday classes.

I guess Her Majesty and Her Royal Highness had no idea about this just yet so they still launched the announcement to remind all students to attend Saturday classes

'It's a COMPULSORY!' said the speaker.

I hope The Punisher won't reveal this plan and if she does, then she will be no one but a traitor for she can't keep a secret.

I consider this action to be some kind of a strike, so the school will realize about the unreasonable plan they've made. IF this plan fails and on Monday, all grades students will be summoned by Her Majesty and Her Royal Highness and then we were put to detention (one school in a detention! This would be a record, wahaha...silly), I hope we all can give out the best reasonable answer or else the parents will back us up.

Let's hope nothing will happen to all students from all grades on Monday. Amen.

Got to go to bed now. Sahur will be in just six hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment