Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Book is Done

Yay! My book is finally done. Anyway it's my major project this year (apart from paper, which is coming up late this year, hopefully I will make it to the senior grade, amen). It is a remake of my short story published in ILP Press in 2006, inspired by my friend's experience (apparently now, two friends' experiences).
Synopsis:
This story is about a girl who just moves in to her new house in a small town called Aberfeldy in Scotland (which has the most amazing countryside scenery I've ever seen). The girl's name is Julia and she has pretty much a gloomy background: her mother divorces and gets engaged with a guy Julia dislikes. In her new house, or exactly her bedroom, in Aberfeldy, Julia feels as if she's haunted by a ghost. After gaining information through internet and her medium friend, Julia discovers that the ghost that has been haunting her is Cornelius Houtten, coming from World War I era. At first, Cornelius intends to ask Julia for help so that he can return to the place where he belongs: afterlife, even though Julia is not a paranormal. But for Julia and Cornelius, they never expect that they will face a new obstacle heading their way: love.

The short story kind of sucks so when I read it over and over again, I felt like I really should make it a novel, since there are a lot of stuff to add in it and some exciting scenes. So voila, the book is done in just matter of four months and I finished the book a few days before final exam. The beginning of the book is kind of like a horror story, maybe because of the atmosphere (Julia is haunted by the apparition of the pale ghost in her room), but when it comes to the middle of the book, romance starts to bloom.
I dedicate this book to no other than Natush.

I plan to get this published. Though at first I'm pretty confused which publisher I should contact to get it published. As far as I know, Gramedia and other famous publishers do not accept English novels. But thanks to my English teacher, ma'am Lucy, for pointing out that she knows a publisher. Yay!

Oh and my dad suggested that I should design the rough drafts of the cover, since I've been into Adobe Photoshop lately. I adopted the name Carrie Hawkins to be my pseudonym (because I believe people won't read English books written by a so-called Indonesian). I eventually came up with these two cover versions, which I can't upload now (since I forget where I put them, shit).

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you also started your blog from June 2009! Wohh that's like 10 days earlier than me! Great job, Chacha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. owaaahh hahaha. I know! it's going to be 4 years next June! oh dedication. lol

      Delete