Monday, June 29, 2009

Freakin' Holiday!!

Alright, I'm not in mood for the February US trip today. Haha. So, February US Trip series (eh?) will be postponed until, maybe next week. Besides, I feel like I want to tell about something else today.

As you know, or you might not know, I'm having a summer break right now for like a month or three weeks? Actually you may call it as 'term break' since we don't have summer here. Ah, tropical country. But whatever. I tell you it's been very borrrriiiiingggg heerreee...You notice that I wrote boring in an exaggerating way. But really, especially this week and last week. It's been very boring. I mean, I did go out of the house to kill the boredom but it's just boring. I don't know why. At first, I love this holiday. I mean, when I woke up in the morning, I was excited enough to go in front of TV to see the latest summer movie on the local TV, but there weren't just good movies to watch. I mean there were some good cartoon movies to watch but unfortunately I wasn't really into them. Then I would be excited to go to the computer to check out the latest update of the forum I'm currently listed as a member. But since everybody (the other members) was going out of town, as they said in the Absence board, the activity of the forum slowly decreased and the forum lacks of updates.

So those stuffs mentioned above are currently happening this week and already happened last week. But the previous, previous week (the first week of holiday) turned out to be the opposite. It was a heeecccctiiicccc week (again, written in an exaggerating way). No day without relaxation. In fact, I wanted the first week to be a relaxing one, but apparently it didn't turn out to be that way. So, the first week, I was busy with TOEFL schedules and violin rehearsals for Graduation performance. That happened continuously in seven days, especially the freakin' TOEFL. The real TOEFL test just happened to be at the end of the week, which was on Sunday, 21st of June. And the Graduation was on the 18th. I was scheduled to perform with the other school violinists three songs.

FIRST HECTIC WEEK STORY
(haha turns out I made this post into chapters)

  • Monday: Relaxation day, thank goodness...but it only happened for a day.

  • Tuesday: TOEFL torture begins. TOEFL practice began that day.
    Since TOEFL test was at the end of the week, I had to continuously practice through the week in my TOEFL course. And everyday, I had to go through the complete test which last in 3 freaking hours. It was like the real TOEFL test, but it was just for practice, so that I could get the picture how the test would be like. And you know, the complete test really burned my mind. So you can imagine how I was everyday. It was like NO DAY WITHOUT YOUR BRAIN BEING BURNED BY FREAKIN' TOEFL.

  • Wednesday: No practice. The course place had a day off since the employees and teachers were off to Safari Park for a vacation. (what?) I was thinking, aaahh another relaxation day, Thank God. But then, my phone just beeped and my school English teacher who happened to be the music teacher as well, texted me and told me to go to school for the last rehearsal of violin before tomorrow's performance at 1.00 pm that afternoon, I went to the dead quiet school in a school uniform, bringing my violin. But it turned out the streets leading to the school was flooded. So I had to go through the Langgar Alley through an ojek ride. I paid Rp. 5.000,00. I met my school teacher and my other violinist partner, Clara. My teacher thanked me and Clara for coming and apologized that the rehearsal was cancelled that day, due to the absence of the other violinists. I was kind of panicked that I wouldn't be able to find another ojek ride to go to the main street from school. But thank God, the ojek I rode earlier was waiting for me (or so I thought). So I had to take another Rp 5.000,00 ojek ride.

    It turns out in total Rp. 10.000,00 were spent for NOTHING. Oh and I watched Slumdog Millionaire in the night.

  • Thursday: Big day today. Graduation today. (actually a big day for the seniors)
    I woke up at 6.30 am, got dressed in a uniform, and went to Gedung Serbaguna near Atlet Century Park Hotel at Senayan for Final Rehearsal. The graduation would be held by late afternoon. The rehearsal ended at 12 pm, had a lunch, and went home to take a rest. I was thinking to drop by and take a rest at my cousin's, but my mom told me to go straight home.

    Then at 3.00 pm, I went back to the Gedung Serbaguna and I arrived just in time. The stage had already been set up. By the last minute before the whole graduation began, she told us all that the whole song structure for Hymne Guru and Terima Kasih Guru (which we were going to play) were changed. It turned out I was asked to play the melody and my teacher has the music sheet arranged for me. But lucky me, I was able to memorize the song without having to read the sheet. The graduation ended at 10.00 pm. I went home straight after a tearful moment gathering with the seniors and hugging each other (even though I'm a junior, hehe)

  • Friday: TOEFL practice again, duh, plus violin course at 5.30

  • Saturday: I woke up to find that I had a fever. I cancelled my piano course but I realized that since today was the last day for TOEFL practice, I had to attend, somehow. Then I went through 3 freaking hours inside the classroom with the computer, while trying to ignore the high fever. My face was red as a tomato due to the fever, as one of the TOEFL teachers pointed out. At the end, they gave me a sore throat medicine and told me to take a rest for the rest of the day and night to prepare for the real TOEFL test the next day.

  • Sunday: Woke up at 6.00, still in fever, but I got better. Wrapped in long sleeved shirt, complete with the sweater, thick jeans, and sport shoes (if I added a scarf, gloves, and hat, I would look like an Eskimo person), I took off from house and arrived at Plaza Central at 7.00 pm as scheduled. I was the only one who looked pretty weak than the others, who seemed to be ready enough for the test. I just prayed that hopefully I would be just OK through the 3 hours of test. But thank goodness, it turns out that once the test began, I actually felt much better. The fever slowly decreased by the afternoon. But I was still weak enough that I had to stay at home for the rest of the night. By the late evening, the fever increased again

  • Monday:This is the start for the boring week, after having been through the previous hectic week. My fever decreased when I woke up and it never came up again, luckily. But my mom and dad told me not to open the computer first and instead I should better watch TV and read magazines or books. And by 9.00 pm, the electricity was dead for 4 hours until 1.oo pm. The hot weather didn't help at all, so I was sweating in the heat of day. Ugh.Tuesday and the rest of the days, I started to get better and better.
Well during the events happening above, I suddenly got these four free pass tickets to watch a movie in Blok M Plaza from my mom! Of course, I thought like ah, this is my life safer!! THANK GOODNESS!!! And I started calling my besties about it and apparently they were excited too and couldn't wait to go watch a movie together. It happened before I fell sick, but apparently I needed to postpone the plan until I got better.

Then, not to my knowledge, apparently my younger cousin has been drown in the boredom as well. Her parents were away to accompany her sister in a homestay program in Taiwan that she didn't come along. At the end, she had to stay at home all day long until now. She is even more bored than I was. It turns out, I came to visit her frequently and brought her some DVDs to watch. We watched Barbie of Swan Lake and Night at the Museum 2 by the weekend. Poor her.

SECOND BORING WEEK STORY

  • Monday: Take a rest at home. I went to the doctor and it turned out I got a typhus.
  • Tuesday: Bedrest at home. But no fever. I felt better like I said earlier.
  • Wednesday: DND (Do nothing day). Dad took days off due to have the same typhus symptoms.
  • Thursday: A day with dad at home. Another DND
  • Saturday: Went to my cousin's house for 2 hours to watch Barbie of Swan Lake.
  • Sunday: Watched Night at the Museum 2 with my cousin
Yesterday, finally all my plans came to reality. I got to hang out with my friends and used my free pass tickets to watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Then we had lunch in Hoka-Hoka Bento, played in the Amazone, had a photobox moment. Speaking of photobox, here's the result.



Haha quite silly, isn't it? From Left to Right: Me, Agnes, Marcella (Agnes' cousin), Carmen, and Widya.

I don't know what to do for the rest of the week. By Friday, I will take off for a China tour. Yeah! Vacation!!! Finally...a chance to get out of this place. Hahahaaa... But as for today and the rest of the days before the departure, maybe spending time with my cousin, computer, and TV? As for today as well, I think I found blogging as an alternative way to share my boring stories (yeah they're considerably boring). And this afternoon, my cousin will be visiting me!!!! Yayness!!!

* * *
PLUS

I'd like to say hi to Elda in this opportunity, for dropping by in my blog and gave comments. Thanks for your time reading my super long US trip. I will sure update it once i get back from my vacation.

Anyway, you should check Elda's blog in my "Circle of Friends" list, under My Little Notes.

1 comment:

  1. ... (shy)

    haven't read this. thanks anyway.. gee,you're kind... :D

    yours is good too but i haven't learnt the blog AND i don't have time to do it NOW

    even my last post is about drumband!!! haha

    well, tomorrow i'll perform againn... huhu

    ReplyDelete